For green teas, you want to avoid steeping them for more than 3-5 minutes or else it gets really bitter. The same goes for if you’re steeping mate.
White teas are really delicate, so if the temperature is too high, it’ll ruin the flavour.
Herbal teas need to be steeped at a higher temperature for a longer time because… well, they’re not tea leaves! It takes more to get whatever it is you’re using to release its flavour, basically.
There’s more to it, but that’s all I can remember off the top of my head.
ALLY OR ANY OF MY OTHER TEA-SAVVY BUDDIES, any input or anything to add on to what I said?
Rooibos teas should be heated at 208 degrees and steeped for about 5-6 minutes.
Blooming teas (1 ball) should be heated at 180 degrees and steeped for about 3-4 minutes, until the ball has bloomed fully.
It should also be noted that if you’re trying to make a normally hot tea into iced, you typically have to double the amount. For example, if you have a rooibos tea that would ordinarily only have a 1.5 tsp serving, for iced, you’d make it 3 tsps.
- outofmyowncharacter reblogged this from loverofreading
- outofmyowncharacter likes this
- bloodymary513927 reblogged this from darlinghanniechan
- flippydoodler likes this
- darlinghanniechan reblogged this from luna-lovegood-is-better-than-you
- darlinghanniechan likes this
- showmewhichconstellationsyouknow reblogged this from allyetnothing
- twinklefaerie likes this
- jaffarusina reblogged this from luna-lovegood-is-better-than-you
- luna-lovegood-is-better-than-you reblogged this from theperksofbeinga-wildcat
- ohemgeelikelol likes this
- ohemgeelikelol reblogged this from the-magical-stranger
- msblogger2014 reblogged this from allyetnothing
- anime-antagonist likes this
- nepetas reblogged this from loverofreading
- nepetas likes this
- niagvo likes this
- phantwerp likes this
- loverofreading reblogged this from allyetnothing
- slothspaghetti reblogged this from allyetnothing
- secrettimelord10 likes this
- cass-the-magical-pancake reblogged this from dragongirl9687
- cass-the-magical-pancake likes this
- meandlonelyskies reblogged this from housecatwithalionheart
- smilelikekevin likes this
- jared-padatirtles reblogged this from theperksofbeinga-wildcat
- thegoldensnxtch reblogged this from theperksofbeinga-wildcat
- dalekswillexterminate likes this
- sushifixeseverything reblogged this from allyetnothing
- sushifixeseverything likes this
- theperksofbeinga-wildcat reblogged this from always-ashes
- forgot-thepie reblogged this from allyetnothing
- sprinkleofintrigue reblogged this from emilythetimelord
- dearmissmouse reblogged this from housecatwithalionheart
- romance-is-murder likes this
- megchill1112 reblogged this from bekahbooks
- copper-ii-sulfate likes this
- hydroangos likes this
- bekahbooks reblogged this from housecatwithalionheart
- spicy-yaoi-roll reblogged this from allyetnothing
- spicy-yaoi-roll likes this
- housecatwithalionheart reblogged this from icanttellyoubutiknowitsmine
- poemshiver likes this
- msblogger2014 likes this
- heather-carina reblogged this from kalifornia-avacados
- kalifornia-avacados reblogged this from skylineadvantage
- ourlovelessworld reblogged this from brelolli
- ourlovelessworld likes this
- badwolfinwinterfell likes this
- sandyliion likes this